OurSay is designed to be used by all members of the public. If you are under 15 years of age, however, you should ask a parent or guardian if it is okay for you to create an account on this website.
Only one (1) account per person. You may not create an account on behalf of another person or in the name of any kind of group or organisation of which you are not an official representative of.
If you are found to have multiple accounts or if you have found a way to cheat or exploit our voting systems, your accounts may be disabled and any content, including votes, ideas, questions or comments contributed by you may be removed.
You must not use another person's account without permission. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify us immediately of any breach of security or unauthorised use of your account.
You must agree that you use of the site is at your own risk. We make no warranty that the site will meet your requirements or be uninterrupted or error-free. Any material that you access or download through the site is done at your own risk and you are responsible for any damages to your computer system or loss of data.
WaterNSW its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, licensors and other partners are not responsible for any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising from a breach of these Terms and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth below.
We may terminate, suspend or impose conditions on your access to the site and/or your account immediately, without prior notice, including without limitation if you breach these Terms. We may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all the related files and information in your account. After your account has been terminated, the content you have posted may also remain indefinitely on the site.
If you want to terminate your own account, please send an email to email@example.com
Rules of engagement
Be civil. It is the internet after all, so any process or contribution, from the registration of your username to your contribution to content (including but not limited to questions, comments, videos and pictures), must not contain:
- Offensive content: Don’t post content that is bigoted towards people based on their race, gender, sexuality, faith or is otherwise extremely offensive. Exceptions may be given to content that is thoughtful and considered. Outright bigotry and hate will not be tolerated.
- Obscenity: Don't post or distribute content that is obscene or indecent, depicts violence, sexual activity or pornography; or contains instructions in crime or drug use;
- Abuse: We moderate content for mindless abuse and excessive trolling;
- Defamatory content: Don’t post content making false claims about other people;
- Contempt: Please watch your language and respect other people's views, beliefs and emotions;
- Incitement: Don’t post content that is threatening, advocates the use of force or violence towards any person or encourages, endorses, approves or recommends the performance of dangerous or illegal acts;
- Copyright infringement: Don’t copy copyrighted material or material created by others without direct permission;
- Promotional or advertising material: We encourage users to post links to information supporting their issues, but content and links that promote or advertise products and services that appear to be commercial in nature may be removed by us; or
- Material that is otherwise unlawful.
We do not warrant that the information on the site is accurate, correct or suitable for the your purposes or individual situations and we do own or take responsibility for the opinions expressed by other Users of the Site. However, we do reserve the right to refuse to post or redact content that we deem to be spam or breach these terms. We reserve the right to pre-screen submissions or contributions as we see fit.
If you feel we have been unfair in our moderation, let's talk about it. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org setting out your concern and providing a way for us to contact you, and we will endeavour to respond to you or to contact you to discuss the issue.
Finally, we do reserve the right to remove any content for any reason, but we are not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such material.
This website is maintained by WaterNSW. This privacy statement applies to all the publicly accessible pages on WaterNSW websites located at:
Our website may contain links to other sites as well as embedded content hosted on other sites (e.g. YouTube/Vimeo videos). We are not responsible for and have no control over the privacy practices of those sites, and recommend that you read their privacy policies for further information.
Modification to These Terms
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time without notice. The most recent version of the Terms can be seen on this page. By continuing to access or use our site after those revisions become effective, you agree and will comply to the revised terms. If you do not agree to the revised terms, please discontinue using our site.