We are encouraging the community to comment on Council's Proposed Budget 2021/22 and Proposed Financial Plan.
The Budget and Financial Plan are foundational documents for Council as it provides the basis from which we will deliver on the goals and aspirations of the Council Plan and beyond. The Council Budget outlines our intentions for the year ahead – how we plan to provide for our community through both services and facilities.
Both documents are now available for public comment until 5.00pm 17 May 2021.
The proposed budget includes a range of exciting priorities for the 2021/2022 financial year, including:
- Welcoming and onboarding South Gippsland’s newly elected Councillors.
- Working in partnership with the community to develop a new Vision for South Gippsland.
- The Korumburra Hub project will go out to tender in the final months of 2020/21 with construction expected to commence before the end of 2021.
- The Great Southern Rail Trail extension is underway and should be finalised before the end of this calendar year.
- Redevelopment of the Little Commercial Street Streetscape in Korumburra will progress in conjunction with the Korumburra Hub project.
- The Bair Street streetscape works will be finalised
- Commencement the Leongatha Railway Site Transformation project, which includes a pedestrian bridge to provide access to and from Bair Street and improvements to the Apex Park car park.
- Commencement of the Korumburra Railway Precinct project.
- Commence investigation and consultation into the future uses of Memorial Hall in response to the outcomes of the revised Arts Strategy.
Details about these projects and more are available in the full draft budget document.
Make a Submission
You can make a submission before 17 May 2021 by:
- Completing an online submission below
- Providing a written submission to email@example.com, post to Private Bag 4, Leongatha VIC 3953 or delivered in person to Council reception, 9 Smith Street, Leongatha