Whether a supply or service interruption is planned or unplanned, warnings and proactive notifications are not just highly valued – you expect them.
- Keeping you informed and in control
- Rectifying interruptions to minimise disruption
- Reducing disruption in peak times
- Understanding your individual needs and impacts
What we do now
- Inform you via email and SMS (where we have your mobile and email details) as well as mail when there is a water fault or outage.
- Restore 98 per cent of planned water interruptions within the notification period.
- Provide you with the opportunity to give us feedback to inform us of your level of interruption, key areas of impact and opportunities for mitigation.
What we plan to do
- Increase the number of customers notified when there is a water supply interruption.
- Explore email and SMS notifications for other types of interruptions like sewerage blockages and potential water quality issues.
- Provide you with a better idea of how fast (and when) we will fix water and sewerage supply interruptions to make sure you are more informed during times of disruptions.
- Improve South East Water LIVE functionality and raise your awareness that you can track what we are doing 24/7.
- Maintain our average duration of unplanned water supply interruptions.
- Maintain our service levels in planned water interruptions restored within the notification period.
- Look at ways to reduce disruption and the number of customers impacted during peak times.
- Improve how we collect and manage customer details and preferences.
- Improve awareness of the support services we provide to help minimise disruptions.
We’re proud to say that we’ve made a head start with some of these actions. You can read more about these in our 'Summary – 2018 Price Submission’.