City to River Riverfront Activation
The City to River Riverfront Activation (Stage 1) project will focus on the Riverfront precinct from Wotonga Drive to East of the Western Highway bridge
This project will see the following work undertaken:
- Detailed concept design for the Riverfront Activation (Stage 1) including, new community meeting place, water play space, boardwalks, outdoor seating, shade, landscaping, lighting, signage and interpretation and café site identification.
- Schematic design, detailed design and tender documentation for Riverfront Activation (Stage 1) works.
- Construction of Riverfront Activation (Stage 1)
Detailed Concept Design Phase
A Community Reference Group (CRG) has been formed to work with Council to develop the detailed concept design for the riverfront. The CRG includes representatives of key stakeholder groups as well three community representatives.
Members of the CRG are:
John Gorton, Aboriginal Advisory Committee
Michael Stewart, Barengi Gadjin Land Council
Steve Parish, Angling Club
Sue Jones/Glenn Coffey, Horsham Caravan Park
Ray White, Rowing Club
Di Bell, Horsham Rural Ratepayers & Residents
Zach Currie, Youth Council
Gary Aitken, Wimmera River Improvement Committee
Kevin O’Brien, Director Community Wellbeing
Carolyn Hamdorf, Manager Arts, Culture & Recreation
Sue Newall, City to River -Riverfront Precinct- Project Manager
Mandy Kirsopp - Coordinator Recreation & Open Space
The CRG had its first meeting on 21 April 2020 and a follow-up on 23 April 2020 to initiate the first phase of engagement for the riverfront project.
Work undertaken by the CRG group in the first two meetings has included:
- An introduction for the group members
- An overview of the riverfront project
- A review of comments on the riverfront extracted from the City to River engagement in 2019
- Development of a Community Engagement Plan to be further reviewed and endorsed
- Introduction to the project design team
- Discussion on the format for a public webinar to provide information as part of the first phase of engagement
- Nomination process for electing the CRG Chairperson
For further information please contact Kevin O'Brien Director Communities & Place on 5382 9743