Ku-ring-gai Council's first Local Strategic Planning Statement
The Local Strategic Planning Statement (LSPS) is a new strategic planning document all Council's in NSW must develop before the end of 2019. Ku-ring-gai's LSPS will be the basis for strategic planning in Ku-ring-gai, relating to economic, social and environmental matters. It will identify planning priorities for Ku-ring-gai that are consistent with the North District Plan and the Ku-ring-gai Community Strategic Plan 2018, the actions required to achieve the planning priorities and how Council will monitor and report on the implementation of the actions.
Ku-ring-gai's first draft LSPS is being created using outputs of extensive community consultation undertaken in the past 2 years which includes the development of Ku-ring-gai's Community Strategic Plan, community satisfaction survey and other projects. Supporting studies like the recent LEP Health Check as well as other adopted Council plans, policies and strategies are also being used to develop the first draft of the LSPS.
The first draft of the LSPS is currently in development and will be placed on public exhibition in July 2019 for the community to provide feedback.
Supporting studies to be completed in the next 2 years
The first draft of Ku-ring-gai’s LSPS will include actions for a number of strategic studies to be undertaken by Council to form an evidence base, including:
- Housing Strategy including an analysis of the housing needs of the community into the future
- Local Character Study
- Retail / Commercial Centres Study
- Employment Lands Study
- Other important studies relating to open space and recreation, environment and community facilities
The preparation of these studies will involve further community consultation.
The outcomes of these studies will feed into the LSPS when it is next reviewed by Council, and will also inform future amendments to the Local Environmental Plan.
Updates to the Local Strategic Planning Statement
The LSPS will be an evolutionary document, which will be reviewed and refined as actions are achieved and strategic planning work is undertaken. Ku-ring-gai's Community will have the chance to be involved in the development of future iterations of the document.
You can have your say by:
1) Participating in the discussion forum and tell us about what makes Ku-ring-gai special to you. You'll be able to share your thoughts and comments on other peoples ideas and feedback.
2) Provide feedback via the online survey designed to capture your priorities about where our strategic focus needs to be, as well as the things we need to support and conserve in Ku-ring-gai
Alternatively, you can email your thoughts, questions or feedback to email@example.com